• Welcome to the Internet Infidels Discussion Board.

Merged Fauci Should Be In Prison - Senator Rand Paul

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
I personally think his extreme measures to fight a cold and advocating a lockdown of the country were criminal too, but that's more a "crime against humanity" instead of a "breaking a federal statute" criminality.
The stupidity displayed in this statement is stunning.
 
I personally think his extreme measures to fight a cold and advocating a lockdown of the country were criminal too, but that's more a "crime against humanity" instead of a "breaking a federal statute" criminality.
The stupidity displayed in this statement is stunning.
Not considering the source.
 

I don't know, I get frustrated by these arguments. I think that it's much ado about nothing. Just to summarize, yes Fauci told the Senate that the NIH did not directly fund gain-of-function research in Wuhan. If you read what he said exactly, his statements are accurate according to how the NIH defines gain of function research. However, if you read the comments from the senators seeking to shift emphasis away from fixing the economy and Iran, Senator Paul uses a broader definition of gain-of-function. And this is most brain cells that I'm going to waste on this topic.
Yes, he didn't directly do it. That doesn't mean he didn't do it at all.

Six year old news articles aren't easy to find, especially with his current testimony flooding the results, but he did say he didn't direct any funding while doing so, which is perjury. There is apparently dispute over whether it was banned or not, but even if it wasn't doing so with China can't be a good idea.

I personally think his extreme measures to fight a cold and advocating a lockdown of the country were criminal too, but that's more a "crime against humanity" instead of a "breaking a federal statute" criminality.

Extreme measures to fight a cold? There might be a grave misunderstanding there that is easy to remedy. According to a prominent University of Michigan study, the first early spring and summer lockdowns probably saved between 866,350 and 1,711,150 lives (study linked below). The study also noted that if the measures had been implemented 30 days earlier, than an additional 36,000 to 83,000 lives would have been saved. The study was published July 6, 2020. If you want to read the source material, please find it on that date in the National Library of Medicine.
 

I don't know, I get frustrated by these arguments. I think that it's much ado about nothing. Just to summarize, yes Fauci told the Senate that the NIH did not directly fund gain-of-function research in Wuhan. If you read what he said exactly, his statements are accurate according to how the NIH defines gain of function research. However, if you read the comments from the senators seeking to shift emphasis away from fixing the economy and Iran, Senator Paul uses a broader definition of gain-of-function. And this is most brain cells that I'm going to waste on this topic.
Yes, he didn't directly do it. That doesn't mean he didn't do it at all.

Six year old news articles aren't easy to find, especially with his current testimony flooding the results, but he did say he didn't direct any funding while doing so, which is perjury. There is apparently dispute over whether it was banned or not, but even if it wasn't doing so with China can't be a good idea.

I personally think his extreme measures to fight a cold and advocating a lockdown of the country were criminal too, but that's more a "crime against humanity" instead of a "breaking a federal statute" criminality.

Extreme measures to fight a cold? There might be a grave misunderstanding there that is easy to remedy. According to a prominent University of Michigan study, the first early spring and summer lockdowns probably saved between 866,350 and 1,711,150 lives (study linked below). The study also noted that if the measures had been implemented 30 days earlier, than an additional 36,000 to 83,000 lives would have been saved. The study was published July 6, 2020. If you want to read the source material, please find it on that date in the National Library of Medicine.
I'm old enough to remember hospitals in the US had to make impromptu morgues because Trump wouldn't impose a lockdown like every other nation did during JH's "cold season". And it was the only western nation that had to do so during that time. Fauci didn't say anything different than what every other virologist around the world was saying. The main difference was that other countries listened to their medical experts, and the US didn't.
 

I don't know, I get frustrated by these arguments. I think that it's much ado about nothing. Just to summarize, yes Fauci told the Senate that the NIH did not directly fund gain-of-function research in Wuhan. If you read what he said exactly, his statements are accurate according to how the NIH defines gain of function research. However, if you read the comments from the senators seeking to shift emphasis away from fixing the economy and Iran, Senator Paul uses a broader definition of gain-of-function. And this is most brain cells that I'm going to waste on this topic.
Yes, he didn't directly do it. That doesn't mean he didn't do it at all.

Six year old news articles aren't easy to find, especially with his current testimony flooding the results, but he did say he didn't direct any funding while doing so, which is perjury. There is apparently dispute over whether it was banned or not, but even if it wasn't doing so with China can't be a good idea.

I personally think his extreme measures to fight a cold and advocating a lockdown of the country were criminal too, but that's more a "crime against humanity" instead of a "breaking a federal statute" criminality.

Extreme measures to fight a cold? There might be a grave misunderstanding there that is easy to remedy. According to a prominent University of Michigan study, the first early spring and summer lockdowns probably saved between 866,350 and 1,711,150 lives (study linked below). The study also noted that if the measures had been implemented 30 days earlier, than an additional 36,000 to 83,000 lives would have been saved. The study was published July 6, 2020. If you want to read the source material, please find it on that date in the National Library of Medicine.
If I am supposed to find 6 year old news articles, you need to find you article if you want to cite it.
 

I don't know, I get frustrated by these arguments. I think that it's much ado about nothing. Just to summarize, yes Fauci told the Senate that the NIH did not directly fund gain-of-function research in Wuhan. If you read what he said exactly, his statements are accurate according to how the NIH defines gain of function research. However, if you read the comments from the senators seeking to shift emphasis away from fixing the economy and Iran, Senator Paul uses a broader definition of gain-of-function. And this is most brain cells that I'm going to waste on this topic.
Yes, he didn't directly do it. That doesn't mean he didn't do it at all.

Six year old news articles aren't easy to find, especially with his current testimony flooding the results, but he did say he didn't direct any funding while doing so, which is perjury. There is apparently dispute over whether it was banned or not, but even if it wasn't doing so with China can't be a good idea.

I personally think his extreme measures to fight a cold and advocating a lockdown of the country were criminal too, but that's more a "crime against humanity" instead of a "breaking a federal statute" criminality.

Extreme measures to fight a cold? There might be a grave misunderstanding there that is easy to remedy. According to a prominent University of Michigan study, the first early spring and summer lockdowns probably saved between 866,350 and 1,711,150 lives (study linked below). The study also noted that if the measures had been implemented 30 days earlier, than an additional 36,000 to 83,000 lives would have been saved. The study was published July 6, 2020. If you want to read the source material, please find it on that date in the National Library of Medicine.
I'm old enough to remember hospitals in the US had to make impromptu morgues because Trump wouldn't impose a lockdown like every other nation did during JH's "cold season". And it was the only western nation that had to do so during that time. Fauci didn't say anything different than what every other virologist around the world was saying. The main difference was that other countries listened to their medical experts, and the US didn't.
Do you want to rehash everything that was argued about in 2021? I'll just leave this with one word.

Sweden.
 
Back
Top Bottom