• Welcome to the Internet Infidels Discussion Board.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Tharmas

Veteran Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
2,957
Location
Texas
Gender
He/him
Basic Beliefs
Pantheist
Has anyone else had experience with carpal tunnel and if so, did you get a procedure to correct the problem?

I have a bad case (can't sleep without a pretty sturdy wrist brace) and am scheduled to see a specialist tomorrow. My problem is the recovery process. Wiki tells me you're not supposed to lift over 10 lbs (4.5 Kg) for three or more days, and that presents a potential problem for me. Oh well, I'll see what the doc says tomorrow.
 
I had carpal tunnel quite bad in my left wrist. Was getting worse.
In Mar 2016 I was hit by a ute whilst riding my bike. The only bone I broke was the scaphoid bone in my left wrist. Ignore the 2 cracked left ribs.
It broke very cleanly which was fortunate. If it had shattered my wrist would have been stuffed.
It was strapped up very tightly for about 4 weeks.
About 4 months later I realised that I not had the pain in my wrist for months. 10 years later still no carpal tunnel pain. Other pain, but not that.
One long term effect of the injury was I lost quite a bit of rotational strength in that wrist.

I would not recommend trying it normally. The concussion I got was huge.
 
Has anyone else had experience with carpal tunnel and if so, did you get a procedure to correct the problem?

I have a bad case (can't sleep without a pretty sturdy wrist brace) and am scheduled to see a specialist tomorrow. My problem is the recovery process. Wiki tells me you're not supposed to lift over 10 lbs (4.5 Kg) for three or more days, and that presents a potential problem for me. Oh well, I'll see what the doc says tomorrow.
Good luck tomorrow. I await a definitive diagnosis which won't occur until in mid December. I don't have any pain - I just drop things (not all the time).
 
Back
Top Bottom